The Aspire Center resources: Finding jobs and internships
Carthage alumni maintain full access to all Aspire Center resources. Whether you have career plans in place or you are still exploring, we can help you along your journey.
Looking for a job? Still determining your next step? Use Handshake
Handshake is Carthage’s online platform for job, internship, and volunteer opportunities that align with your experience level and skills. Handshake is different than LinkedIn or other job posting websites because the employers are vetted and understand that Handshake is tailored for college students and new graduates, so the job and internship postings reflect the level of skills needed for those positions.
Have a resume, but not getting traction with employers? Use Jobscan
Jobscan is an online software that can help you not only build each component of your resume, but you can also see how your current resume matches with a position and see what keywords or edits you need to make to create a better match. Jobscan also helps you develop and tailor your cover letters.
Find other Firebirds for easy friendships via The Aspire Network
The Aspire Network and Alumni Directory is an easy-to-use online network for Carthage alumni, students, faculty, and staff. Connect with other Carthaginians for networking, mentorship, and professional development opportunities.
- Explore and find other alumni by location
- View the Alumni Directory to discover connections with fellow alumni in your industry or region
- Engage with current students through the 1:1 Aspire Mentoring Program
- Learn about career opportunities, industry resources, or special programs
- Help current students and young alumni in a flash through “flash mentoring” opportunities
- Join a group to engage with Carthaginians by region, major, industry, or interest.
- Reconnect with classmates
The Aspire Network offers structured mentoring programs, career resources, and intuitive, built-in communication tools, so you can video chat and message all in one place. Create a profile on The Aspire Network with your academic and professional background. You control what is visible to others through the privacy settings.