Launch 2 Learn Rocket Certification Workshop
Launch 2 Learn: Introductory Rocket Workshop
@ Carthage College: November 4-5, 2023
@ Virtual: January 20–21, 2024
*Collegiate AISES Chapters*
*Tribal Colleges and Universities*
*Native American-Serving Nontribal Institutions*
- Build a Caliber-ISP 38 MM high-powered rocket
- Learn rocketry terms, flight dynamics, etc.
- Create a RockSim flight simulation
- Launch rocket for Level 1 TRA rocket certification
- Teams may have up to three team members eligible to attend (advisor, team lead, team member) a workshop (@ Carthage College: Maximum 15 participants/@ Virtual: Maximum 30 participants).
- All participants receive Level 1 Rocket Kit, Motor, and Level 1Tripoli Rocketry Association Certification upon a successful flight
- WSGC provides travel funds for individuals attending the in-person workshop at Carthage College and/or travel funds to attend a local launch site event to attempt the Level 1 certification launch after the virtual workshop.
Faculty Advisors submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to compete by September 25, 2023, for the November 4-5, 2023, in-person workshop at Carthage College, and by December 18, 2023, for the January 20-21, 2024, virtual workshop.
- Faculty Advisors must list the L2L applicant on the NOI Team Roster for the student to be eligible to participate.
- Student applicants must CREATE a profile in the NASA STEM Gateway, REGISTER on the WSGC website, and APPLY to the First Nations Launch program on the grant application page in order to be eligible to participate.
When submitting registration to the workshop below, please include a completed copy of a Tripoli or NAR Membership Application. Our recommendation for in-person attendees would be to complete a Tripoli Membership form. The forms when being submitted below, do not need to include payment information as we will submit them on behalf of the workshop cohort.
Tripoli Membership Application
National Association of Rocketry Membership Application
*DESIGN, BUILD, FLY*
Funded through NASA Cooperative Agreement #80NSSC20M0123.
Sponsored by Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium.