Launch 2 Learn Rocket Certification Workshop
Launch 2 Learn: Introductory Rocket Workshop
@ Carthage College: October 22-23, 2022
@ Virtual: January 20-21, 2023
Collegiate AISES Chapters *Tribal Colleges and Universities*
Native American-Serving Nontribal Institutions
- Build a Caliber-ISP 38 MM high-powered rocket
- Learn rocketry terms, flight dynamics, etc.
- Create a RockSim flight simulation
- Launch rocket for Level 1 TRA rocket certification
- Teams may have up to three team members eligible to attend (advisor, team lead, team member) a workshop (@ Carthage College: Maximum 15 participants/@ Virtual: Maximum 30 participants).
- All participants receive Level 1 Rocket Kit, Motor, and Level 1Tripoli Rocketry Association Certification upon a successful flight
- WSGC provides travel funds for individuals attending the in-person workshop at Carthage College and/or travel funds to attend a local launch site event to attempt the Level 1 certification launch after the virtual workshop.
Faculty Advisors submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to compete by September 26, 2022, for the October 22-23, 2022, in-person workshop at Carthage College, and by December 16, 2022, for the January 20-21, 2022, virtual workshop.
- Faculty Advisors must list the L2L applicant on the NOI Team Roster for the student to be eligible to participate.
- Student applicants must REGISTER on the WSGC website and APPLY to the First Nations Launch program on the grant application page in order to be eligible to participate.
*DESIGN, BUILD, FLY*
FORM EMBED NEEDED
Funded through NASA Cooperative Agreement #80NSSC19M0036 and #80NSSC20M0123.
Sponsored by Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium.