Higher Education Incentives
Announcement of Opportunity 2016-2017
Applications Open: March 1, 2017
Submission Deadline: March 29, 2017
Award Announcements: April 7, 2017
Applications Open: October 31, 2016
Submission Deadline: December 12, 2016
Award Announcements: February 24, 2017
Major Awards: up to $10,000
Minor Awards: up to $5,000
WSGC will not fund overhead; however, it may be counted as part of the academic institution’s 1:1 project match. Proposals for two-year projects will be considered.* Proposals for two-year projects should include budgets and objectives for each year.
*Based on availability of funds.
Purpose: The Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium invites proposals for value-added, higher education teaching/training projects related to any space or aerospace discipline. This is a seed-grant program for faculty implemented undergraduate education projects which support the most innovative ideas on how to increase the space and aerospace content of undergraduate university and college offerings.
- should have an emphasis on space sciences, aerospace engineering, or any other space-related discipline or interdisciplinary STEM field.
- intended for education and/or training of undergraduate students, with an emphasis on faculty enhancement and curriculum development in undergraduate education.
- Register on the WSGC website (https://www.carthage.edu/forms/account/login) You will be required to update your information annually.
- Sign in and submit the Grant Application Form (you may apply to multiple funding programs)and supporting documents.
- U.S. Citizen
- All WSGC affiliate member universities or colleges are eligible. Industry, nonprofit associations, and nonmembers can propose programs and work jointly with one of our academic members, providing the educational activity occurs at a member campus (e.g., visiting lectureship, an extension course, nonprofit group offering).
- A 1:1 match is required.
Supporting Materials Required with Application: Submit a proposal addressing each of the seven categories listed below. Be sure to clearly label each category within your proposal. You will be asked to upload your proposal at the bottom of the application. It should not exceed 4 pages, including figures (see the Announcement of Opportunity 2017 for specific details):
- Proposed Activities
- Evaluation Plan
- Time Line/Schedule
Award Acceptance Requirements: As part of the award acceptance, awardees will be asked to attend the Annual Wisconsin Space Conference as outlined in the award agreement and submit the following documents on the WSGC application website under Program Applications/Your Applications:
- Award Agreement Letter
- Institution W9
- Media Release Form
- One-Paragraph Biography
- Professional Photo
- Payment Information Form
- Proposed and Verified Final Budget
- Certification of Charges Form
- Intended and Verified Program Match Form
- Office of Education Survey
- Summary Report
- Interim Report (if project end date falls after the 1st of May)
- Final Report (due 30 days after the project end date
- Present project at the Annual Wisconsin Space Conference
If you have questions about the Higher Education Incentives Program, please contact:
Christopher Stockdale, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Higher Education
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
Assistant Chair, Associate Professor, Department of Physics
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
2001 Alford Park Drive
Kenosha, WI 53140
This funding opportunity is made available for the pursuit of space-related research and/or activities through the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program: NASA Training Grant #NNX15AJ12H. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number for this award is 43.008.
All awards are fully competitive awards of opportunity in which applications are reviewed by the WSGC Technical Advisory Panel and other experts as needed. Awards are made by the Assistant Director based on recommendations from the Associate Director.