Higher Education Incentives
Announcement of Opportunity 2017-2018
Applications Open: October 24, 2018
Submission Deadline: December 4, 2018
Award Announcements: February 22, 2019
Multi-institutional Awards**: up to $20,000
Major Awards: up to $10,000
Minor Awards: up to $5,000
*Based on availability of funds.
**Projects demonstrating collaboration between two- and four-year campuses or multiple four-year campuses will be eligible for the multi-institutional award.
Purpose: The Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium invites proposals for value-added, higher education teaching/training projects related to any space or aerospace discipline. This is a seed-grant program for faculty implemented undergraduate education projects which support the most innovative ideas on how to increase the space and aerospace content of undergraduate university and college offerings.
- have an emphasis on space sciences, aerospace engineering, or any other space-related discipline or interdisciplinary STEM field.
- be intended for education and/or training of undergraduate students, with an emphasis on faculty enhancement and curriculum development in undergraduate education
- Register on the WSGC website (https://spacegrant.carthage.edu/forms/account/login). Returning applicants will be required to update registration information annually.
- Sign in and submit the Grant Application Form (applicants may apply to multiple funding programs) and supporting documents.
- U.S. Citizens
- WSGC affiliate member universities or colleges are eligible. Industry, nonprofit associations, and nonmembers can propose programs and work jointly with one of our academic members, providing the educational activity occurs at a member campus (e.g., visiting lectureship, an extension course, nonprofit group offering).
- Minimum 1:1 match
Supporting Material Required with Application: Submit a proposal addressing each of the seven categories listed below. Be sure to clearly label each category within the proposal. The proposal should not exceed 15 pages, including figures (see the Announcement of Opportunity for specific details):
- Proposed Activities
- Evaluation Plan
- Time Line/Schedule
Award Acceptance Requirements: As part of the award acceptance, awardees will be asked to attend the Annual Wisconsin Space Conference as outlined in the award agreement and submit the following documents on the WSGC application website under Program Applications/Your Applications:
- Award Agreement Letter
- Institution W9
- Media Release Form
- One-Paragraph Biography
- Professional Photo
- Quarterly Invoice with Receipt Copies
- Verified Final Budget
- Verified Program Match Form
- Office of Education Survey
- Interim Report (if project end date falls after the 1st of May)
- Final Report (due 30 days after the project end date
- Present project at the Annual Wisconsin Space Conference
Please direct questions about the Higher Education Incentives Program to:
Christopher Stockdale, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Higher Education
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
Assistant Chair, Associate Professor, Department of Physics
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
2001 Alford Park Drive
Kenosha, WI 53140
This funding opportunity is made available for the pursuit of space-related research and/or activities through the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program: NASA Training Grant #NNX15AJ12H. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number for this award is 43.008.
All awards are fully competitive awards of opportunity in which applications are reviewed by the WSGC Technical Advisory Panel and other experts as needed. Awards are made by the Assistant Director based on recommendations from the Associate Director.