Women in Aviation Conference Scholarship
WOMEN IN AVIATION CONFERENCE
March 14-16, 2019
Long Beach Convention Center
Applications Open: December 11, 2018
Application Deadline: January 10, 2019
Award Announcements: January 17, 2019
Award: Up to $2,000
- Attendance at the Women in Aviation International in Long Beach, California
- Support includes transportation, lodging, meals, and registration March 13-17
* Subject to availability of funds.
Purpose: Scholarships to support two outstanding female undergraduate students interested in aviation-related careers.
- Register on the WSGC website (https://spacegrant.carthage.edu/forms/account/login). Applicants will be prompted to update personal information annually.
- Upload current resume to applicant profile. Applicants must check box in order to allow WSGC to share the applicant resume with Wisconsin Aerospace Industry partners for co-op, internship, and employment opportunities.
- Send Christine Bolz, firstname.lastname@example.org, a 1-2 page letter of interest stating your 1) interest in aviation, 2) experience in aviation (coursework, pilot training, etc), 3) benefit of attending the 2019 Women in Aviation conference and 4) future plans to participate in aviation as a career, hobby, etc.
Application Requirements: Applicants who meet the following requirements can apply for this scholarship by registering and applying online at spacegrant.carthage.edu/about/login:
- U.S. citizen
- WI resident during academic year
- Enrolled full-time in, admitted to, or applied to any undergraduate program at a WSGC college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Proposals that include a GPA of less than 3.0 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
Award winners will be chosen based on academic performance, aerospace-related promise, and the demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in STEM/aerospace/aviation.
Award Acceptance Components: As part of the award acceptance, awardees will be asked to attend the Annual Wisconsin Space Conference in August 2019 and submit the following documents on the WSGC application website under Program Applications/Your Applications:
- Award Agreement Letter
- Media Release Form
- One-Paragraph Biography
- Professional Photo
- Summary Report
- 2-3 Project Photos
- Student Story
Please direct questions about this opportunity to:
Christine Bolz, Assistant Director
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
2001 Alford Park Drive, Kenosha WI 53140