2023 Annual Juried Student Art Show: Submissions due Tuesday
Call for entries! All Carthage students are invited to submit artwork for the 2023 Annual Juried Student Art Show. Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, March 21.
All forms of media are accepted — including, but not limited to — audio, ceramics, drawing, installations, painting, photography, sculpture, video, film, mixed media, and more.
Each student may enter up to three works of art. Artwork must have been completed during the years attending Carthage. It can be work made for a class assignment or outside of a class.
Accepted students have the chance to win monetary prizes for award categories, such as Best of Show and Purchase Awards!
This year’s jurors are Ellie Richards and Eleanor Anderson, artists featured in the H. F. Johnson Gallery of Art’s exhibition: “A Place All One’s Own.”
If you have questions about how to prepare your work or about the form itself, please send an email to a studio art faculty member for assistance:
- Jojin Van Winkle — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Miller — email@example.com
- Kimberly Greene — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joshua McGowan — email@example.com
Students will be notified of their acceptance by Thursday, March 23. Below is the timeline for the exhibition process.
- Submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 21, 11:59 p.m.
- Jurying: Wednesday, March 22
- Notification of Acceptance: Thursday, March 23
- Artwork Drop-off/Delivery Dates: Thursday, March 23-Saturday, March 25
- Exhibition: Tuesday, March 28-Thursday, April 6
All artworks accepted must be delivered to the Visual and Performing Arts Lab (located next to the art gallery) between Thursday, March 23 and Saturday, March 25.
Students can print their work during the High-Quality Digital Photograph Printing Sessions on campus Friday, March 24 and/or Saturday, March 25. The printing location and sign-up schedule will be distributed with selection announcements.
Sponsoring Department, Office, or Organization:
For more information, contact:
Jojin Van Winkle: firstname.lastname@example.org