Student Account Manager
The Student Accounts Coordinator is responsible for managing the billing and accounts receivable functions in the Office of Student Financial Services. The Student Accounts Coordinator must provide exceptional service and collaborate with other student service departments to ensure a seamless, accurate, timely, and consistent process for our students and families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately process and post billing related to tuition and fees, room and board, parking, food services, bookstore, and miscellaneous charges.
- Process and record student and non-student accounts receivable payments, record and reconcile cash receipts, and process credit card payments in accordance with privacy practices.
- Work with technology partners across campus to ensure student financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Collaborate with Financial Aid representatives in providing one-stop student service regarding financial matters in the Office of Student Financial Services
- Determine eligibility for refunds and tuition reimbursement
- Work with 3 rd party services as it relates to payment plans, tax documentation, credits, wires, and rejected transactions
- Add/remove account restrictions as appropriate
- Communicate with students and families with outstanding balances to make plans for resolution.
- Manage account adjustments for bankruptcy and other settlements and management of accounts assigned to collection agencies
- Provide exceptional and timely customer service in all job functions/interactions
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Assume additional duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field
- Minimum of 3-12 months in Student Services or Customer Service
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of Accounts receivable and collections processes and principles
- Business planning – organize financial data, develop and follow a systematic approach to tracking finances
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) basic applications
- Ability to learn technological applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to relate effectively with students, staff members, and office visitors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly quality-focused service environment with excellent organizational skills and a professional manner
- Ability to take directions and use independent judgment
- Ability to work in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands
- Commitment and respect for diversity
- Commitment to Carthage College’s mission and goals
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions, skills, and specifications of the position
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the thriving Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, Carthage College blends the best liberal arts traditions with desirable degree programs, transformative learning opportunities, and personal attention from dedicated faculty and staff. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum with stunning lake views, is home to 2,600 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Founded in 1847, Carthage is consistently named a Best Midwestern College by The Princeton Review and a Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World Report. All Carthage employees play a vital part in the success of our students, as we work together to create an environment where all can achieve their true potential. Grow with Carthage.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.