Student Financial Services Accounts Receivable Coordinator
You must provide exceptional customer service in all job functions/interactions.
- Coordinate semester billing process and billing communications, including Nelnet eBill.
- Process and record student and remittance payments, accurately process, record, and reconcile cash receipts, and process credit card payments in accordance with privacy practices.
- Work with Library and Instructional Technology Services to ensure student financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Assist students with special circumstances and back balances with payment plans.
- Collaborate with Finance and Administrative Services and 3rd party servicers to coordinate collection assignments, collections, and account write-offs.
- Coordinate adjustments for bankruptcy and other settlements and management of accounts assigned to collection agencies.
- Stay up to date with State/Federal Collection Regulations.
- Process chargebacks and invoices
- Assist in the development and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Assume additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
Minimum of 3-6 months in Student Services or Customer Service
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of accounts receivable and collections processes and principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) basic applications.
- Ability to learn technological applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to relate effectively with students, staff members, and office visitors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly quality-focused service environment with excellent organizational skills and a professional manner.
- Ability to take directions and use independent judgment.
- Ability to work in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands
- Commitment and respect for diversity.
- Commitment to Carthage College’s mission and goals.
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions, skills, and specifications of the position.