- Information Access and Library Systems Supervisor
Hedberg Library 212
Rick handles the acquisition of print and electronic library resources, cataloging, and oversees the functionality of the electronic databases, including maintaining the knowledge-base and library catalog.
- Master Degree Library and Information Science - UWM
- Bachelor Degree History - UWM
- Member, American Library Association
- Member, Association of College and Research Libraries
Main responsibilities at Carthage
- Acquisitions: Reviews all acquisition requests. Acquires all resources according to the policies and procedures of the collection development policy. Maintains subscriptions to resources. Monitors payment of invoices in OnBase.
- Cataloging: Oversees the cataloging of all resources according to Library of Congress standards. Oversees the creation of bibliographic records for Reserve items. Supervises the physical processing of library materials.
- Collection Management: Oversees the weeding and disposition of all print resources in the library collection. Evaluates donations. Evaluates existing and new resources.
- Electronic Resources: Troubleshoot the functionality of electronic databases. Serves as administrative contact with database vendors. Resolves any proxy issues. Maintains and updates discovery service.
- Integrated Library System: Serves as primary contact for ILS. Facilitates information to library staff users regarding updates. Maintains knowledge-base of electronic resources. Maintains bibliographic records and links in the system. Troubleshoot functionality of system. Creates staff user permissions.
- Preservation: Selects print resources for preservation binding.
- Serials: Supervises serials check-in, claiming, bindery, and subscriptions.
- User assistance: Directly answers user technical questions.