STEM Bridge Scholarship
Announcement of Opportunity
Applications Open: September 2, 2022
Application Deadline: October 24, 2022
Award Announcement: November 18, 2022
$2,000 for the spring 2023 semester
$2,000 for the fall 2023 semester
* Subject to availability of funds.
** Seniors are only eligible for a spring 2023 semester award.
Scholarships to support outstanding undergraduate students identified as a member of a federally recognized minority group (Black or African American, Native American and Alaska Native, Hispanic/Latino, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Island) enrolled in a STEM program of study, demonstrating an interest in aerospace or supporting NASA’s mission.
- Register on the WSGC website (https://spacegrant.carthage.edu/forms/account/login). Applicants will be prompted to update personal information annually.
- Upload current resume to applicant profile (optional). Applicants must check the box in order to allow WSGC to share the applicant resume with Wisconsin Aerospace Industry partners for co-op, internship, and employment opportunities.
- Sign in and submit the Grant Application Form (applicants may apply to multiple funding programs) and supporting documents.
Applicants who meet the following requirements can apply for this scholarship by registering and applying online at spacegrant.carthage.edu/about/login:
- U.S. citizen identified as a member of a federally recognized minority group (Black or African American, Native American and Alaska Native, Hispanic/Latino, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Island)
- WI resident during academic year
- Enrolled full-time in, admitted to, or applied to any undergraduate program at a WSGC college or university
- Enrolled in a STEM program of study and demonstrating an interest in aerospace or supporting NASA’s mission
- Completed at least one year of a science, technology, engineering, or math undergraduate program
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (Proposals that include a GPA of less than 3.0 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Completed application online (see Supporting Materials Required with Application below)
The Consortium invites applications for STEM Bridge Scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year. Award winners will be chosen based on academic performance, aerospace-related promise, and the demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in STEM/aerospace. For consideration, the application form must be complete and be accompanied by supporting documentation.
Supporting Materials Required with Application:
- Maximum two-page statement containing the following (See Tools & Tips for more information on how to create professional communications):
- A clear, concise account of the reasons for seeking this scholarship.
- Evidence of previous interest and experience in space, aerospace, or space-related studies.
- A description of present interest in the space field.
- A description of the program of space-related studies the applicant plans to pursue during this award period.
- Copy of most recent college transcript (unofficial is acceptable)*NOTE: Students also applying for the Undergraduate Research Fellowship or other Undergraduate and/or Women in Aviation Scholarship Programs should submit a statement distinguishing the STEM Bridge Scholarship from other scholarship/fellowship applications. Primary consideration for STEM Bridge Scholarship awardees is given to first-time applicants.
Award Acceptance Components:
As part of the award acceptance, the applicant will be asked to attend the Annual Wisconsin Space Conference in August 2023, as well as submit the following documents on the WSGC application website under Program Applications/Your Applications:
- Update WSGC Profile
- Copy of most recent college transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Summary Report
- 2-3 project photos featuring awardee
- Student Story
Please direct questions about the STEM Bridge Scholarship program to:
Lindsay McHenry, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Scholarships and Fellowships
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium
2001 Alford Park Drive, Kenosha, WI 53140