- Adjunct Faculty, Communication
DeAnna earned her Master’s in Communication from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, where she continues her doctoral work, researching rhetoric, media, and communities of well-being. Since 2007, she has taught Media Writing, Public Speaking, Argumentative Writing, and Introduction to Communication at various colleges in the Chicago-Milwaukee metro region.
In addition to collegiate teaching, DeAnna has taught high school English and worked in various positions in sales and marketing. She enjoys creating a highly interactive classroom environment that facilitates critical inquiry and research.
- Master’s, Communication, UW-Milwaukee
- Bachelor’s, English, UW-Parkside
- English Teaching Credential, UW-Parkside
- CDM 1150, Introduction to Human Communication
- CDM 1200, Public Speaking
- “Complete Makeunder: Eating Disorder Memoirs as Challenge to Neoliberal Makeover and Therapy Cultures”