Rick Bingen ’15
Rick Bingen ’15 is an alumnus of Carthage, where he majored in computer science and theatre. Prof. Bingen earned his master’s in computer science from the Georgia Institute of Technology. He is also certified in Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality and 3D Graphics by NYU’s Tandon School of Engineering.
After graduating from Carthage, Prof. Bingen was a successful software engineer and solutions architect leading a team of developers from around the world to create enterprise technologies and programs. Since returning to Carthage, he has created the game development minor and concentration.
Prof. Bingen is also a produced playwright, having most recently written “Whirligig of Time.” Other plays include “Lest We Live in Bawdry,” “The Memory Leak,” and “Here Come the Jesters.” He can be found acting or designing sets throughout southeast Wisconsin.
The most memorable moment from his time at Carthage was after a show in the Wartburg Theatre when he jumped on stage at the end of the talkback to ask his wife to marry him.
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science and Theatre from Carthage College
- Master of Science in Computer Science from Georgia Institute of Technology
- Certification in AR/VR Development and 3D Graphics from NYU’s Tandon School of Engineering
- CSC 1810 Principles of Computer Science I
- CSC 2710 Game Development I
- CSC 2720 Game Development II
- CSC 2730 Game Development III
- CSC 4350 Software Design and Development
- CSC 400A TP: Agile Software Development