Sara Jensen ’08
Sara Jensen returned to Carthage in 2014 from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. While at Madison, she earned her Ph.D. under the supervision of Dr. Marty Isaacs, one of the leading researchers in finite group theory and character theory. While these two topics are still the focus of Prof. Jensen’s current research, she is also interested in the mathematics involved in many games.
Prof. Jensen earned her master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and earned her bachelor’s degree at Carthage College. She is excited to be back at her alma mater, where she received such a good education.
Outside of her academic activities, Prof. Jensen enjoys knitting, keeping active, and spending time with her family.
- Ph.D., M.S., mathematics — University of Wisconsin-Madison
- B.A., mathematics — Carthage College
- MTH 1220 Calculus II
- MTH 3040 Abstract Algebra
- CSC 1110 Principles of Computer Science
- Finite group theory
- Character theory of finite solvable groups
- Mathematics behind card games and puzzles
- Durfee, Christina, and Sara Jensen. “A bound on the order of a group having a large character degree.” Journal of Algebra 338.1 (2011): 197-206.