- Professor of Computer Science
Professor Mark Mahoney served as a senior software engineer at Motorola and an adjunct instructor of computer science at Roosevelt University prior to joining the Carthage faculty in 2002. His research interests are object-oriented technologies, aspect-orientation, state based systems, and software engineering. His work with Bluetooth Wireless Communication protocols resulted in algorithms for avoiding fixed interferers in Bluetooth radio bands. This work resulted in a patent.
Prof. Mahoney teaches database design, operating systems, and software engineering courses. He earned a B.A. in computer science from Roosevelt University, and a M.S. and Ph.D. in computer science from the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Ph.D. — Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology
- M.S. — Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology
- B.A. — Computer Science, Roosevelt University
- CSC 1110 Principles of Computer Science I
- CSC 1120 Principles of Computer Science II
- CSC 2560 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSC 3050 Object Oriented Programming
- CSC 3410 Database Design and Management
- CSC 3600 Data Communications
- CSC 3730 Operating Systems
- CSC 4350 Software Design and Development