Dan Ruffner, MS, ATC, has been a certified and licensed athletic trainer since August 1992. He received his bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and a master’s degree in athletic training at Illinois State University. Prior to working at Carthage, he was the head athletic trainer at Bloomington High School for two years and one year in Outpatient Physical Therapy at Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh, Wis.
At Carthage, he teaches Structural Kinesiology, Clinical Skills II, Therapeutic Rehabilitation, Applied Principles of Strength Training, and Practicum IV. He says that he enjoys the diversity here at the College. He likes that the athletes are motivated to return to play after an injury.
- M.A. — Athletic Training, Illinois State University
- B.S. — Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- EXS 2300 Applied Principles of Strength Training
- AHS 3080 Structural Kinesiology
- ATH 5101 Practicum I
- ATH 5110 Clinical Skills
- ATH 5130 Therapeutic Interventions I
- ATH 5201 Practicum II
- ATH 5401 Traditional Athletic Training Placement I
- ATH 5666 Health and Fitness Principles
- ATH 5731 Therapeutic Interventions II