- Associate Professor of Modern Languages
Lentz Hall 216
Professor Richard Sperber teaches both German and Spanish at Carthage. He earned his M.A. from the University of California at San Diego and his Ph.D. in comparative literature from the University of Washington. His teaching and research interests include colonial and postcolonial studies, Pacific studies, the Spanish Civil War, 19th and 20th century German literature, and 20th century Spanish literature.
- Ph.D. — Comparative Literature, University of Washington
- M.A. — University of California at San Diego
- SPA 2020 Intermediate Spanish II
- GER 3090 The German-Speaking World: Cultural and Intellectual Life