Nina F. Weisling holds a Ph.D. in special education from the University of Illinois at Chicago, a master’s in elementary education with a concentration in special education from St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, and a bachelor’s in health care policy from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Prior to working in higher education, Professor Weisling worked in public and charter schools in Chicago and Philadelphia, first as an educator (special and general education), case manager, and instructional coach, and later as the co-manager of the instructional coach team.
She previously was a faculty member at Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee, Wis., and adjunct faculty at National Louis University in Chicago, Ill. Her research interests include mentoring and new teacher support, inclusive education, diversity and equity, and support for diverse learners and their teachers.
- Ph.D. — Special Education, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2013
- M.S.—Elementary Education (concentration in Special Education), 2005
- B.A. — Health Care Science, Lawrence University, 2003
- EDU 2720 Fostering Engagement and Positive Behavior in the Classroom Grades 1-8
- EDU 3110 Comprehensive Assessment of Exceptional Learners
- EDU 4090 Methods for Teaching Elementary Level Exceptional Learners
- Mentoring and new teacher support
- Inclusive education
- Diversity and equity
- Support for diverse learners and their teachers